Monday, January 25, 2016

Made my First Fabric Cuff

I recently joined a group on Facebook
that does a lot of mixed media textile swaps.
We've done collages, tags, ATCs etc.
The newest swap was for a Fabric Cuff.

I have never made one before but loving the idea, 
plus the opportunity to pull out my lace and sewing machine, 
I jumped in.

I can't believe how quickly and easily this was.
Like layering paper, except this time  it was
fabric and lace.

I went with a blue theme. 
Mixing in some beige lace here and there.

As my focal I stitched on a fabric flower with a button
on top.
Added some beads and a metal butterfly.
We had an ice storm this past weekend and I am desperately wishing Spring was here.

This is how it looks on my wrist.

This is the side where it attaches.
I used a vintage Mother of Pearl button as my fastener so both sides
have something interesting on them.

Now that I have made my first I will definitely be making
more of these.
They are kind of addicting, and give you the perfect opportunity 
to pull out all the lace & ribbon you've been hoarding.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: