Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Art Journal page with Bister

Sharing another Art journal page today.

This was created by first gessoing the page and then
pulling out my Bister stains to play.
These are so fun to play with.
By varying the amount of water you add you can alter the opacity of the colors.
Plus you get awesome drippage
Once the background dried I added some random stamping with a script stamp
and black Staz On ink.

The upper part of the page I added more stamping  to create 
a sort of brick wall.

The flowers are another old foam stamp.
Using black Gesso with it I stamped all over the page.
I needed a thick paint so when I used my white Faber Castell Pitt Pen it would't reactivate the Bister.
Using the Pitt Pen I outlined all the flowers and stems to make them pop a bit.


I am going to enter this in the 
where this month's challenge (#6)
is to use stamps.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

4 comments:

Fena said...

Oh how cool is this...i love the spreading of the paint and the color combo!!!

Rachel said...

that is some gorgeous gorgeous drippage! such a lovely page. the white detail on the poppy stamp is fantastic. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Donna B. said...

Fantastic art journal page. Love the colors and the drips. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Melanie said...

Nice page. Thanks for joining us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!