Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Blue Fern Studios May sketch

One of my favorite sources of chipboard is
The choices are amazing and work really well
with what I like to create,
both on layouts and mixed media pieces.

Every month they also offer a new sketch challenge on their blog.

When I saw this month's sketch I KNEW I had
to play along

This is the layout I created.
My chipboard is from Blue Fern
(a 12x12 piece which I cut up)
and everything else comes from the February Swirlydoos kit.

The background paper is from Maja Design.
Modeling Paste scraped through a Crafter's Workshop Stencil.
(because my stencil had some mist on it from a previous project the paste picked up a bit of the color which kind of added to the background).
Lots and lots of flowers…it's Spring right?


Diecuts are from Kaisercraft.
Some background stamping with a Prima stamp.
The chipboard was covered with a layer of
Gesso then dry brushed with Grey acrylic paint. 
I wan't worried about completely covering in, more in some spots, less in others,
and it's all good.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


5 comments:

KarenB said...

So pretty - I love the added texture of the modelling paste.

Katy said...

What a beautiful layout! Love those colors and flowers! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving sweet comments! :)

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful sketch, love how you did the background too. ~Diane

Patter Cross said...

Wow, LOVE all of the flowers, the deep rich colors, and the entire layout. Truly beautiful! Thanks for joining us in the May Blue Fern Studios Sketch Challenge!

Unknown said...

what gorgeous colours and textures! Thanks for playing along with BFS this month!