Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Documented Life Project WEEK 14!

I've been working slowly this week 
on the next challenge for 

This challenge:
March 29, 2014 Challenge - Week 14 - Write your name and embellish it.

Now my full name is Christina
But unless you are my Mother and I am in trouble
I'm going with what I have been called forever.
Christy


I started by first making my background.
Book text applied in spots with Gel Medium. 
Once it was almost dry most was peel off leaving just bits.
Golden Fluid acrylic paint brushed over.
Once dry stamped with Club Scrap stamps and Archival ink.

Onto my letters...

I wanted to completely contrast my background and wound up going
with some of my favorites in blues, greens & purple.
I worked on a 12x 12 sheet so I'd have plenty of painted scraps left over for
Happy Mail.
Golden Fluid acrylics were brushed on with a VERY wet brush.
Misting with Dylusions Crushed Grape through a Crafter's Workshop stencil
(and then just because a great big mist of Dylusions)
Stamping with  Hampton Arts & Prima Stamps.
Lake Mist Paint Dabber through an UmWow stencil
and finally some circle stamping with more Golden Fluids and a mist bottle top.

The letters were cut out free hand and glued to the background.
Each letter was outlined first with a white Gel Pen
and then a fine black Sharpie.

"Stitches" were drawn using a thicker Sharpie 
on the letters and around the border.

Finally using my new purchase of a 
Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen in White
(totally in love!)
Added random circles around my page.


Make sure you stop by the Facebook and flickr pages to see what others are creating.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


No comments: