Thursday, April 10, 2014

Swirlydoos April Challenge ME!


Every month there is a challenge on the 
Swirlydoos forum 
that is member hosted.

This month Kimberly hosts
and her challenge was
to use a photo of yourself along with mixed media.

I'm all over the mixed media part,
the photo of me….. eehhhhhh
those are hard to come by.

However looking through my photos,
 I found this one of me when we were in Italy.
I'm usually the photographer and this time
someone caught me in the act.
I used Authentique paper which came in the April kit.

First I used a letter stencil and
Black Marble Dylusions mist to create a background over the patterned paper.

Followed with stamping using Prima stamp and Archival ink.
Lindy's Stamp Gang mist through a Crafter's Workshop stencil.
The frame was colored with gelatos as was the background on my photo
where I had sanded out the car tires that were
in with me 
(I'm scrunched down to get the photo)

The flowers are Petaloo, flourish is Prima,
and both also came in the kit.

More stamping with another stamp.
A doily was cut in half and placed on the side and bottom
of my layout.
Liquitex Acrylic ink and my pen nib to write my title and throw in a few
more circles around my misted ones.

This turned out to be a fun layout to create.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: