Friday, April 4, 2014

Respect Yourself…an Art Journal page


Art Journal page for today-
RESPECT!

I'm a huge collector of quotes and my favorite way to
save them is on Pinterest.
I can find a quote for just about anything there.

The background for this page began as a lot of my backgrounds do.
When I work on other projects I open to a page in my journal and use it 
to clean up my stencils, paints stamps etc.
When I'm ready to work I already have a jumping off point
(plus it saves money---paint is expensive!)

The background is first some Liquitex Acrylic Paint spread
around with an old credit card.
The Triangles are created using Black Gesso with a
Crafter's Workshop Stencil.
Once they were dry I used my new 
Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen in White
(seriously my new love) 
and outlined them all.

Stamping with a mist bottle top and acrylic paint.
More of the FC Pitt Artist Pen in the center of the circles.

Gelatos in blue/green were scribbled onto my craft sheet 
and turned into a paint.
Then used with another Crafter's Workshop Stencil and my finger.

Stamping with a Hampton Arts stamp and Archival Ink.

and misting with Dylusions Black Marble through an Alphabet stencil.

The Chipboard is from Dusty Attic.
Painted with Silks Acrylic Glaze and then roughly outlined
using another Pitt Pen.

The quote was printed out on copy paper,
cut out and adhered to the page then colored with
more Pitt Artist Pens.

That's it for today,
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: