Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Documented Life Week 11: Put a Bird on It!

It's time for Week 11
of

This week's challenge:
March 8, 2014 Challenge - Week Eleven - Draw, photograph or collage a bird onto your page.


How easy is that????
I was so excited to start,
and while I was working I decided to photograph it 
along the way so once again you can see exactly how I created my page.

The background began when I gave the 7 year old a task;
Pick me 2 colors (and only ONE could be pink or purple)
She brought me
Liquitex Basics in Primary Yellow & Medium Magenta.


I scraped the 2 colors randomly across the paper with an old credit card.
Then some stamping with 
Prima stamp and Archival ink.
Finally for this step some 
Golden Cobalt Teal through Large Punchinella.

Next is
Ranger Lake Mist Paint Dabber through a
Martha Stewart Stencil.

Now I outlined the circles I had created with the punchinella
using a
Prussian Blue Copic marker.
I also randomly wrote words over the paper in pencil.

Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise
was misted through a large flower stencil.
Later on I went back and outlined the petals with a fine Black Sharpie.

I stamped randomly over the paper using 
Golden Phthalo Green (blue shade)
and a Piece of Corrugated Cardboard.
Changing directions occasionally to give the impression of some cross hatching.

The bird was drawn onto the page the painted in with
Gesso.
Color was then added to the branch and bird using
Portfolio Water Soluble Oil Pastels
blending with my finger.


A quote was added using
Liquitex Arcylic ink in Carbon Black
and my pen nib.


And here is the finished page when it is open.
A piece of scalloped chipboard was paint and attached to the flap.
The flap closed:
I am just loving these colors.
Need to let the 7 year old pick for me more often.


Make sure to check out the Flickr and Facebook page for the
DLP project.
Seriously the art there will blow you away.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!





No comments: