Saturday, March 22, 2014

Live in the moment


Blank14CB.jpg
Often times I will take blank pages in my art journal and cover them quickly with color and pattern.
Eliminates the "blank page" syndrome
where I sit and look at the white page and don't know
what direction to go in.

Later when I go back and am ready to work I have pages already to go.

This page is covered randomly with book text and Gel Medium.
Distress inks were rubbed directly onto the paper and the color was spread 
with a wet paintbrush.
The Gel Medium resists the inks and creates a varied color depth for the background.

Here is the page I created later on the 
pre made background.
Stamping, stenciling
(still loving my new Rebekah Meier stencil)
by TCW.

An old sticker from Club Scrap...

And rub ons from my stash...

Some stamping also with a piece of
corrugated cardboard and acrylic paint.

Finally some flowers were drawn across the page using a white gel pen.

Sometimes it's fun to pull out pre made backgrounds and go to town.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


2 comments:

Helen Gullett said...

WOW! I am inspired by you, my friend! Love how you work on your art journal and mixed media. Thanks for the tutorial too!
And I nominate you as one of my 11 Liebster Award winners! Check out my blog post here http://wp.me/p1wKGj-1gu

I'm a Little Teapot said...

What a great idea to eliminate the blank page syndrome! The page looks fabulous...love the colors and the fun details!